Customer File Transfer (FTP)
Standard Press Customer File Transfer
Sending files is easy with our new file transfer system. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) ensures your file is protected and offers a hassle-free way to transfer data and images. When sending a file, please note the following tips:
- Log into our FTP server following the directions below.
- Browse to select the file(s) you want to send us, then click the Begin Upload button.
- Once your upload is complete, make sure you call or email your Standard Press representative to let them know you have sent the file. They will check to make sure the file was received in proper format.
General Tips on Sending Files
- To avoid corruption and speed up your transfer time, compress (zip or stuff) the file before you send it.
- Windows users: Zip the file(s) using WinZip or right click and select Send To Compressed (zipped) Folder
- Mac users: Stuff the file(s) using DropStuff or Stuffit.
- For large files: Upload one file at a time. This prevents timeout errors and helps to ensure successful loads.
- Try to name your files with an easily identifiable label.
You can access this folder 2 ways:
If you have this program, then all you need to know is, go to new connection and type in the following:
Directory: THIS BOX REMAINS BLANK
Type in as follows:
Account: THIS BOX REMAINS BLANK
With both of these methods files should either be stuffed or zipped to preserve integrity of the files. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Pre-Press at 404-351-6780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.